Not in this world (The power of codeine). Part3


We got to the party a bit late and the program had started already. Each of us grabbed a chair to sit at space which seems to be like a VIP session. On sitting we were immediately served with drinks in plastic cup each and everyone one of us. The drink was served from a transparent plastic with tap for passage of the liquid content in it. Ice blocks dropped in each cup to give it a cooling effect. A cup was passed to me and i gave a sip. Wao! It taste really good, "atleast no be alcohol this time", i thought. Before my friends were called up the stage i had already finished 3cups. 

They all went on stage to perform and i could say they fared well. Shoew's performance was the best of all the three. He is indeed a good artiste, i thought.
 Meanwhile, while they were performing, i was busy taking more drink. I got a call from my dad asking where i was. I told him i will be home soon that am within the neighborhood. On checking the time on my phone, it was past 9:00pm already. I called the attention of my friends that we should head home. "Guys!, make we dey go ouse abeg, my p.man (daddy) don call, i need to get home as soon as possible". We stood up from the sit, walked through the exit gate of the field and headed home. On getting to the bustop we boarded a marua almost immediately, we headed home. 

There i was laying helplessly on the floor. I was having a good sleep until i heard a shaky voice. The voice scared the ghost out of me. I tried to stand up but i couldn't. Even if i can't use my feet, i could atleast sit upright, but nothing seems to be working here as i remain fixed to a spot. The voice am hearing is that of my dad. He is sobbing, his heart broken as he kept wailing. No one could console him. Another voice came to my hearing which seems to be that of my mum. She seems to be in the same mood as my that. Her voice isn't as loud as that of  my dad but i could imagine the pity she felt for herself. Some other voices coming up to console my parents. "What is happening here?", i asked myself. I could hardly get what my father was saying. His voice is now getting closer and clearer. "Look what they did to my son", he lamented. "My son ke. Is this man referring to me?" I asked, but it seems no one could here what i was saying. He moved closer to me and placed his hand on my left biceps. I could feel his touch. He held my hand so tight as he wept uncontrollably. I raised my hand to touch him and ask him, father, what is going on. But i moved my right hand to hold him, i realized how impossible it is for me to do that. It is now certain that something strange is happening to me. It is annoying that i am picturing myself in two forms. On one end i could move and on the other i am fixed to a point like a car parked in the garage. I couldn't get the real picture of myself. Where i was I do not understand. But one thing is sure. I no longer belong to this world. 


To be continued.

No comments: