On a journey to Europe.


Note: This is a true life story. Names of persons used are not real. If you have passed through scenarios like this and your name is also used in the story you are about to read. I am sorry, it is just mere coincidence. All contents are owned by mrlaw. DO NOT COPY. Tnks 

My name is Niyi Olagunju, and this is my true life story. I have always wanted to leave for Europe after secondary school. I have heard so many stories and testimonies that it is the land of hope. Even if these stories aren't true, my television isn't lying. Whenever i am watching the tv and see a place full of white men, to me the place is Europe and i just fantasize myself there.

 On many occasions i had lied to my friends in secondary school that my parent are planning to send me to Europe. I had always told them preparations will start immediately after our final exam. Meanwhile, deep in my heart i knew my parent don't have the financial capacity
to send me abroad. They had only promised to send me to tertiary institution because of my brilliancy.

 Immediately after secondary school, as an hustler i got a factory job to raise fund. This is a norm amidst the low income family in the society. A secondary school leaver is to get a job to raise money for a year before his/her admission process into tertiary institution which will start the following year. My situation ain't different as i quickly secured a job in a factory due to my athletic physique. I began to make money and my dream of going to Europe will become a reality soon. That was my own thought. But to my parent, i am raising money to go to tertiary institution.

 To be continued.

No comments: