Not in this world (the power of codeine) part2.


After Marua(Three wheelers) we boarded moved a short distance. The guy who got the invite for the party signalled the rider of the Marua to stop, which he did. His name is Slimbeat. "Okay! guys nh the place be this". We all alighted from the marua and headed for the venue. On getting to the location, it wasn't what i thought with all the hype from my so called celebrity friends. 

The place is just a fenced field managed by a mushroom hotel beside it. But nevertheless, we were given a first class welcome. Sho! Nah so artiste dey enjoy, "i thought" as i walked majestically to the place. Omo see as people dey look us. Me sef kon dey gara pass the rest sef, as i looked more like a big artiste tgan them. Well, the party haven't started and it seems not to be starting in an hour time. Slimbeat who invited us suggested there is a place we could hangout pending the time the party will start. Ok! we all agreed to go there. Only if we know the misery ahead. On getting to the suggested location. It was a rural area, a ghetto to the call. The house we were taken to is made with wood.

 As we got to the back of the house, Slimbeat offered us a seat. Behind me was an empty land covered with grasses. "Oh boy!, where be this place"?, i asked. "Nah here we dey sha oo. That land behind you nah cemetery. Nah dere dem dey bury people wey die for this area". Mhen! I don enter am today. Jesus!, i no tell my popsi before i comot for house ooo. Fear gripped me as evil thought overflows my mind. Slimbeat suggested to buy something to inspire him when he grabs the microphone. Of course, only indian-hemps and dry gin is the key for survival on stage. So he left along with the other guy Tounz, leaving myself and Showe at the place with an occupant of the building a distance away from us. As they left i whispered to Showe that i dont like the place and am not comfortable. He claimed he is also feeling the same way but we have no choice than to stay. Ok!, no problem. I summoned courage. 

On looking to my right side is a shrine with palmoil dripping from the mouth of the carved image. I called Showe's attention to it which he suggested we move the bench we were sitting on a bit forward. At this point my temperature increased. First it was the cemetery now the shrine. Okay!, let me look at it from this angle. Maybe, slimbeat wants to do ritual. He needed to use human as part of the needed material for his ambition, i thought. I was still thinking about all this when slimbeat and Tounz walked in with indian hemp and dry gin. I asked if the party has started so we could leave the place as it is already getting late (6:30pm). I don't drink and if i do i wouldn't do that in an environment like this with dead people behind me and a shrine at my side. The man standing a distance to us moves ckoser and requested for a share of the drink which was given to him with an open heart. I was persuaded to drink a bit because of that over there as he pointed to the shrine. This is a sacred place my dear and the drink is a native one. You have to drink even if its a sip. I did sip the drink. Tounz and slim smoked up their life and he headed to the party afterall. Only if I knew what a sip of a drink will cost me. To be continued.

No comments: