Not in this world (The power of codeine). Part5

   It was now about 5hours of my death. I was now getting used to the new environment. The noises and wept around me had drastically reduced. I could now feel and get hold of things around me.

Suddenly i woke up and it was all a dream. I could move but at a very slow pace. The  time is now 5:40a.m. I walked slowly to the toilet using objects around me as support.  I deep my right hand in my pocket, i felt my phone and immediately placed a call to Shoew. It rang at my end but there was no response. Maybe the guy still dey sleep, i thought. I walked back to my room. It was now time for prayer. I was too weak to go to the mosque. That is even the last thing on my mind right now, i thought. But i couldn't escape the prayer as mum came to my room to call my awareness.  I walked to the mosque which is about 3 houses away from mine. I joined the prayer but was a bit faster than the rest of the congregation. Am now aware of the fact that am not dead but am still not in control of body. This feeling is nothing compared to that of drunkenness, i thought.

On getting home, i sat in the living room. My mum came to me to report Raji. She explained how he disturbed the neighborhood with the loud noise emanating from his generator. How my dad was so angry that he threatened to kill him if he didn't stop the generator. She also made mention of the fact that she was very surprised i slept all through even with the horrible sound. I just told her i heard the noise but was too tired to stand up.

Immediately she left, i start to relate her explanation with my horrible experience of death. So the dream i heard that i died and my dad was weeping is not real. He was only shouting to express his anger at Raji. I picked my phone and placed a call to Shoew which he picked at first beep. I told him about the experience i had. How my brain was multitasking and how i couldn't differentiate what was real and what was not. He told me the reason for that was as a result of the codeine and indian-hemp in the drink we took in the party. He said he had an almost alike experience. We both laughed till a lady machine voice interrupted saying "your account is low, this call will be terminated soon".

The end.

No comments: